Director of Youth Ministry – Pittwater Parish
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of the vibrant leadership team at the Catholic Parish of Pittwater
The Director of Youth Ministry aims to uphold the following goal for Youth Ministry in the Parish of Pittwater – ‘To develop and maintain a young Catholic community of disciples that really lives the Gospel’. The Youth Minister will work under the leadership of the Parish priest and with other parish staff and leaders, and will be responsible for the youth programs and events in the parish.
It is vital that the Youth Minister:
- has a deep faith and a strong relationship with Jesus.
- demonstrates love in serving others through this ministry.
- engages the young people of our parish community
- is highly motivated and pro-active in leadership skills
- can work effectively in a team and can work well with adults and students.
Classification: Part Time (18-20 hours)
Weekdays/evenings - Thursday and Friday (*plus extra office day if required)
Weekends - Sunday nights
Qualifications (Education/ Background)
• Tertiary or certificate qualification in comparable field of study is recommended. Applicants who are currently undertaking study will be considered.
• Completed Higher School Certificate or equivalent is necessary.
• A good knowledge in theology would be an advantage.
• Able to adapt to Windows as well as Mac OS platforms. Must have good word processing skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel etc)
• Familiar with updating, managing websites (simple videos, photos and articles)
• Must have good on-line communication skills (facebook, twitter, youtube)
• Any experience in marketing or advertising would be advantageous.
The Youth Minister would be responsible:
• to manage and run Thursday night ‘100% SOUL’ young adult group
• to manage and run Friday night SOUL sessions youth group
• to manage and run the various ministries at SOUL mass (readers, welcomers, offertory etc)
• to identify, train and mentor other young leaders from the parish to assist with the running of youth groups and other activities.
• manage a database of all youth contacts, parents and older students.
• provide duty of care - pastoral care
• prepare schedules and rosters for all ministries.
• prepare forms, permission notes and sign in sheets and other forms for youth groups.
• manage the SOUL / parish website
• manage online communication and advertising via facebook, twitter, youtube of photos and video footage from youth groups.
The Youth Minister is required to work under the direction of the Parish Priest. After six months there will be a review of the work undertaken, conducted by the Parish Priest.
The Youth Minister will take on a leadership role as part of the team at Pittwater Parish, and therefore will be required to adhere to the vision and mission statements and the core values of Pittwater Parish. They must act at all times as a representative of the Parish, displaying care, responsibility and integrity in all that they do.
Interested applicants are invited to write a cover letter of interest outlining why they would be suitable for this role. Particular reference must be made to the 5 personal attributes (mentioned above) and how the applicant demonstrates these qualities.
Please send your cover letter and CV to:
The Catholic Parish of Pittwater
1 Keenan St
Mona Vale NSW 2103
Applications close Friday 28 July 2017